Friday, March 20, 2009

The Scenes of Charleston

Day 3, this is Sue, hey everyone, I cannot begin to tell you all how much fun I have had, while being in Charleston with my Shannon Leigh and my granddoggy, Luther, "the sweet lab boy"! Charleston is just breathtaking everywhere you go here! We are catching up,Wednesday, I was extremely surprised, when I thought I was going to go walk the Ravenel Bridge with Shannon, BUT she had other plans! Here we drive up to where it says on the sign, HARBOUR TOURS. She said SURPRISE, we are about to take a boat out into the ocean, where you will see DOLPHINS and many other wonderful sights of Charleston from the beautiful Atlantic Ocean!On the tour we saw some of the beautiful mansions in the distance, as well as going out to see Fort Sumter! The dolphins were in full view, swimming alongside the front of the boat, the sight was totally awesome! There were 4 of them, they would surface frequently, then go back under the water.

Here are a few more pictures of the tour:
We ended the day, by meeting Shannon's good friend, Donna, and her mom Jean for dinner at "The Fig" restaurant. The food was delicious, Shannon and Donna treated us to this very elegant dinner! The atmosphere was very nice. Donna and her mom are originally from Massachuetts. They are very sweet people. Donna was one of the first people Shannon met in Charleston, and they have become the very best of friends. Donna is expecting a baby boy in May, and her husband is a dentist in downtown Charleston.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank you for the video footage of the dolphins. Jessica loves it. It looks like you're cherishing your week together. Enjoy! God bless.