Saturday, May 9, 2009

Brotherly Love

So work has had me on the road quite a bit lately. In the past month, I've been to Charlotte twice, Atlanta, and Philadelphia. I'm working specifically with nonprofits who fit our Arts & Cultural vertical - so I'm going to museums and arboretums and learning how they operate to ensure our products will meet their needs. It's pretty fun!

Our final trip for the first phase of these visits concluded in Philadelphia, which is where the pictures in the slideshow are from. My teammate and I ran the steps like Rocky in front of the Museum of Art (a client of ours), we stayed downtown, and really got a feel for the city which we loved!

Matt was able to come up for the weekend, and we did everything any Philly tourist would possibly try to do! First I surprised him with a visit to one of our other clients, The Rosenbach Museum, which is situated in a quaint neighborhood downtown, former house of the Rosenbachs. The exhibit just happened to be Maurice Sendak, likely most well-known for his illustrations in Where the Wild Things Are. Fun!

Afterward, we walked the entire city, visiting Reading Terminal Market, City Hall, Liberty Bell, Independence Hall, the Betsy Ross house, Ben Franklin's grave, The Christ Church, Love Park, Chinatown, etc. You get the idea. Enjoy the pictures!




I look forward to coming to Dallas next weekend!

Until then,
Shannon

1 comment:

Unknown said...

whoa! love the fact you ran the stairs like ROCKY! :)