I have started using my crock pot cook book that mom gave us for preparing crock pot meals and it has been working so well for us. Basically I'm preparing all 3 meals for the day just in the morning before work! So far I've made cran-apple chicken; lemon turkey; Pepsi pot roast; Southwestern chicken; a turkey breast marinated in cranberry sauce, orange juice and dry onion soup mix. For desert I've made some baked cinammon apples, a low fat apple cake, and a hot fudge cake that didn't turn out so great because I didn't think that not having baking powder wouldn't make THAT much of a difference, but I was wrong. Never again will I leave out an ingredient like that!
We found a new home for Koda. He was adopted at the Richardson Animal Shelter just 1 day after taking him there. 
Marc took me to the hospital to meet his grandma just a few days before she passed away this Saturday afternoon. She was alert at the time of our visit and we got to spend a good 45 minutes keeping her company and getting to know each other a little bit. We even watched her favorite show with her, Wheel of Fortune. We had plans to take some pictures of us in Cancun and of the wedding for her to see on Saturday but we were too late. Doctors had anticipated her having another week but God had other plans for her. She is in a better place now. She died peacefully in her sleep while holding grandad's hand. Her service will be held at 12:30 tomorrow, 10/15.

Saturday, Marc and I cleaned out and re-finished his 70 gallon fish tank and stand that he has been keeping at his parents' house. We've been putting it off because it's so heavy and I never would have thought I could have carried 200lbs up 3 flights of stairs but we did it together! It was an all day project that took a lot of work to clean out, sand down, paint, move, and put it all back together but it's so pretty now and the fishies brighten up our apartment more. : )
Marc and I have really been enjoying Lake Point Church. We have been impacted by the worship services there. Yesterday, the associate pastor spoke about knowledge from 2 Peter 1:3-8. God has given us all the "ingredients" we need for life and godliness through our knowledge of Him who called us by his own glory and goodness. It is through these "ingredients" that we may escape the corruption in the world caused by evil desires. Therefore, we can be so "puffed up" with the "ingredient" of knowledge which is only errogance without adding FIRST: Faith, Goodness, and goodness to Knowledge. For this reason, make every effort, to add to your faith. 2 Peter 1:5. He's very good at illustrating his sermons with pictures that we can easily relate to in our daily lives.
The adult Sunday school class we've been visiting has made us feel very welcome and we have been very impressed with the teaching in this class. Each week there are outlines made for us to follow along with and answer questions that are the kind that really make you think a lot. So far all of our lessons have been really deep in the word and better prepare us to be able to answer questions of a non believer with Biblical examples to back up answers. We look forward to finding a place to serve in this church and becoming more involved there.
Then after church on Sunday, we went to see Fireproof at the AMC at Firewheel Mall (really close to the church). Marc and I cried throughout the whole movie along with the people sitting on each side of us. It delivered a remarkable message about how God is the only 1 who can transform our lives and relationships if we allow him by putting our faith and trust in Him.
1 comment:
We send our deepest condolences to Marc and his family.
Post a Comment